The color copier/printer in the Communications workroom has full-color copying, scanning and printing features including:
• Resolution of 600 x 600 dpi with zoom range of 25-400 percent
• Automatic duplex (two-sided copying)
• Four paper trays with each tray holding 520 text-weight copy sheets and a bypass capacity of up to 100 sheets depending on paper thickness
• Maximum original size 11" x 17"
• Output sizes range from 4.13" x 8.83" minimum to maximum of 11" x 17"
• Special features include photo and booklet modes and auto centering
• Does not include automated sortation or stitching functions
• No charge for black and white jobs on copy paper
• 9 cents/side 8.5" x 11" full-color
• 18 cents/side 11" x 17" full-color
• Maximum quantity of 500 color copies
• Color copying/printing job charges are billed back to appropriate departments
Please note that holding a consistent Pantone color on this machine can often be a challenge, especially with larger-volume runs and varying toner levels. The old axiom "You get what you pay for" certainly bears true in printing. If color-match is critical, other external printing options are likely a better choice for your job.
Also, please keep in mind that we stock a limited quantity of specialty papers outside of standard text-weight copy paper. If another paper is desired for a job, additional time in the production process will be necessary for selection and ordering of paper, as well as testing to ensure its compatibility with the color copier/printer. You also will want to consider how the added cost of a specialty paper will impact your project budget.