The Wabash CannonBall Scholarship provides scholarships for Kansas City-area high school seniors who plan to attend Kansas State University.
| Photo: David Mayes
The Wabash CannonBall Scholarship is funded by the annual Wabash CannonBall gala in Kansas City through sponsorships and the "Fund a Wildcat" program. Each attendee has the opportunity to donate to the scholarship endowment. Since the inaugural Wabash CannonBall in 2007, nearly $2 million has been raised.
In 2015, forty scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $2,500 for the following academic year with opportunity for renewal. Recipients will be announced February 2015.
Click here to view the 2014 recipients
• Must be a high school senior in the greater Kansas City area (reside in Johnson and Wyandotte counties in Kansas; Jackson, Cass, Clay and Platte counties in Missouri).
• Must be admitted to K-State and have completed a general scholarship application by Dec. 1, 2014.
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 on a weighted or unweighted scale.
• Complete the online Wabash CannonBall Scholarship application.
• Scholars will be paid half of the scholarship monies ($1,250) at the start of each semester with the requirement to maintain a 3.0 GPA in their first semester at K-State in order to earn the second half ($1,250) the second semester.
• Scholarships will only be awarded to recipients enrolled in 12 or more credit hours per semester.
• Freshmen recipients will have the opportunity to apply for renewal of the scholarship the following three years.
The 2015 Wabash CannonBall Scholarship Application deadline was Dec. 1, 2014.
Andrea Bryant Gladin
Director of alumni programs