The Wabash CannonBall Scholarship provides scholarships for Kansas City-area high school seniors who plan to attend Kansas State University.
| Photo: David Mayes
The Wabash CannonBall Scholarship is funded by the annual Wabash CannonBall gala in Kansas City through sponsorships and the "Fund a Wildcat" program. Each attendee has the opportunity to donate to the scholarship endowment. Since the inaugural Wabash CannonBall in 2007, more than $1.6 million has been raised.
In 2014, thirty scholarships were awarded in the amount of $2,500 for the following academic year with opportunity for renewal. Click here to view the current recipients
• Must be a high school senior in the greater Kansas City area (Johnson and Wyandotte counties in Kansas; Jackson, Cass, Clay and Platte counties in Missouri).
• Must be admitted to K-State and have completed a general scholarship application.
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 on a weighted or unweighted scale.
• Complete the Wabash CannonBall Scholarship Application.
• Scholars will be paid half of the scholarship monies ($1,250) at the start of each semester with the requirement to maintain a 3.0 GPA in their first semester at K-State in order to earn the second half ($1,250) the second semester.
• Scholarships will only be awarded to recipients enrolled in 12 or more credit hours per semester.
• Recipients will have the opportunity to apply for renewal of the scholarship the following three years.
Applications for the 2014-15 academic year are no longer being accepted.
Andrea Bryant Gladin
Director of alumni programs