The Wabash CannonBall Kansas City Scholarship provides scholarships for Kansas City-area high school seniors who plan to attend Kansas State University.
| Photo: Lisa Freeman
The Wabash CannonBall Kansas City Scholarship is funded by the annual Wabash CannonBall Kansas City gala through sponsorships and the "Fund a Wildcat" program. Each attendee has the opportunity to donate to the scholarship endowment. Since the inaugural Wabash CannonBall Kansas City in 2007, the event has brought in nearly $2.5.
In 2016, fifty freshmen scholarships have been awarded in the amount of $2,500 for the upcoming academic year with opportunity for renewal.
• Must be a high school senior in the greater Kansas City area (reside in Johnson and Wyandotte counties in Kansas; Jackson, Cass, Clay and Platte counties in Missouri).
• Must be admitted to K-State and have completed a general scholarship application by Nov. 1.
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 on a weighted or unweighted scale.
• Complete the online Wabash CannonBall Scholarship application by Dec. 1.
• Scholars will be paid half of the scholarship monies ($1,250) at the start of each semester with the requirement to maintain a 3.0 GPA in their first semester at K-State in order to earn the second half ($1,250) the second semester.
• Scholarships will only be awarded to recipients enrolled in 12 or more credit hours at K-State per semester.
• Freshmen recipients will have the opportunity to apply for renewal of the scholarship the following three years.
Apply for Renewal
Wabash CannonBall Kansas City scholarship recipients from the 2015-16 school year received renewal information by e-mail during the spring semester. Renewal applications will be due Friday, April 1.
View the current Wabash CannonBall Kansas City Scholarship recipients
Andrea Bryant Gladin
Director of alumni programs