The Wabash CannonBall Kansas City Scholarship provides scholarships for Kansas City-area high school seniors who plan to attend Kansas State University.
| Photo: Lisa Freeman
The Wabash CannonBall Kansas City Scholarship is funded by the annual Wabash CannonBall Kansas City gala through sponsorships and the "Fund a Wildcat" program. Each attendee has the opportunity to donate to the scholarship endowment. Since the inaugural Wabash CannonBall Kansas City in 2007, the event has brought in nearly $2.5 million.
In 2016, fifty freshmen scholarships have been awarded in the amount of $2,500 for the upcoming academic year with opportunity for renewal.
• Must be a high school senior in the greater Kansas City area (reside in Johnson and Wyandotte counties in Kansas; Jackson, Cass, Clay and Platte counties in Missouri).
• Must be admitted to K-State and have completed a general scholarship application by Nov. 1.
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 on a weighted or unweighted scale.
• Complete the online Wabash CannonBall Scholarship application by Dec. 1.
• Scholars will be paid half of the scholarship monies ($1,250) at the start of each semester with the requirement to maintain a 3.0 GPA in their first semester at K-State in order to earn the second half ($1,250) the second semester.
• Scholarships will only be awarded to recipients enrolled in 12 or more credit hours at K-State per semester.
• Freshmen recipients will have the opportunity to apply for renewal of the scholarship the following three years.
Apply for Renewal
Wabash CannonBall Kansas City scholarship recipients from the 2015-16 school year received renewal recipients were named in May. These five students will continue receiving the Wabash CannonBall scholarship their remaining three years of school.
Andrea Bryant Gladin
Director of alumni programs