Thousands of K-State alumni and friends depend on the Association to stay connected to their alma mater. Now, alumni and friends have a place to call home when visiting the campus in Manhattan.
Dedicated in October 2002, the K-State Alumni Center serves as an inviting place for alumni and friends on campus. The Center, completely funded by more than 1,500 private donations, reflects K-Staters' loyalty and pride for their university.
Located south of historic Memorial Stadium, the Alumni Center provides a welcoming gateway to campus and is conveniently located near the K-State Student Union, McCain Auditorium and the Marianna Kistler Beach Museum of Art. It also offers easy access to lodging, Aggieville and other area attractions.
The Center's presence on campus brings more visibility to the Alumni Association, which helps familiarize current K-State students with the Association and its programs before they leave the university and join the prestigious ranks as K-State alumni.
The Alumni Center also is home to events such as alumni reunions, board meetings, awards banquets, leadership conferences and many other campus and community events. Also, student recruitment activities held in the Center give prospective students a taste of the family atmosphere of K-State.
Did you know ... ?
• Public space makes up 75 percent of the building. Association staff offices utilize 25 percent.
• The Center is constructed of native Kansas limestone, furnished by Bayer Stone, St. Marys, Kan.
• K-State artifacts are displayed in the Memorabilia Room, as well as throughout the building.
• The original 1859 Bluemont College arch is incorporated into the Frasier fireplace in the Tointon Great Room.
• Four small conference rooms are available to alumni members, university staff and students free of charge.
• Student recruitment and athletics highlight videos can be viewed in the Hagans Library. The library also houses a collection of Royal Purple yearbooks and K-Stater magazines.
Alumni Center Business Hours
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Questions and Reservations
Alumni Center manager
Find your way home to K-State with these maps and directions.
The Alumni Center is a welcoming, friendly place for alumni and friends to relax and visit when you return to campus. Read the case statement for the Alumni Center building project here.
The Alumni Center was in the works for several years before its dedication in 2002. Check out the timeline and the people who helped make it possible.
View past K-Stater articles about the Alumni Center project.