The Alumni Excellence Award is an annual award recognizing an alumna or alumnus of
Kansas State University whose career, service and achievements exemplify the spirit,
values and excellence of the university. The Alumni Excellence Award is made possible
by the generosity of the Curt ’73 and Sherry ’73 Frasier family of Beloit, Kansas.
Mary Jo Rupp Myers '64
Mary Jo Rupp Myers has a rich background in public service related to military, educational and humanitarian organizations and programs. Learn more.
All members of the Wildcat community are invited to nominate alumni whose career, services and achievements exemplify the spirit, values and excellence of Kansas State University.
• Nominations will be accepted by mail (pdf) or online submission.
• Nominations are due by April 1, 2019.
Criteria for Consideration
• Career endeavors have achieved national and/or international recognition
• Contribution of service to local, state, national and/or international community
• Highest standards of integrity and character that exemplifies the spirit of Kansas State University
• Undergraduate or graduate degree from Kansas State University
• Living graduate of Kansas State University
• A period of at least 10 years should elapse after receipt of undergraduate or graduate degree from Kansas State University before a nominee is deemed eligible for the award
• An alumnus that is currently in a state or Federal political office is not eligible due to possible conflict of interest. Holders of local political offices are eligible.
Nominations will be considered for three years. Nominator may update the nomination, but it is not required for the nominee to remain in the pool of candidates. Self-nominations not accepted.
Conferring of Award
A formal awards banquet will be held during the fall semester to celebrate the accomplishments of the recipient. The award winner will be highlighted on the Alumni Wall of Distinction in the Alumni Center.
*Exceptions to qualifications for rare and unusual circumstances must be approved by the Alumni Association president and CEO.
Michelle Elkins '87
Associate Director of Awards and Special Events