The Wabash CannonBall Houston Scholarship provides scholarships for Houston-area high
school seniors who plan to attend Kansas State University.
The Wabash CannonBall Houston Scholarship will be funded by the Wabash CannonBall Houston gala through sponsorships and the Fund a Wildcat program. Each attendee has the opportunity to donate to the scholarship endowment.
• Must be a high school senior in the Houston area (Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery and Waller counties)
• Must be admitted to Kansas State University and have completed a general scholarship application by Nov. 1.
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 on a weighted or unweighted scale
• Scholarships in the amount of $5,000 each will be awarded for the 2018-19 academic school year.
• Scholars will be paid half of the scholarship monies ($2,500) at the start of the 2018-19 academic school year with the requirement to maintain a 2.5 GPA in the fall semester at K-State in order to earn the second half ($2,500) the second semester. Scholarships will only be awarded to recipients enrolled in 12 or more credit hours per semester.
Questions may be directed to Michelle Elkins, 800-600-2586 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following students were selected as recipients for the 2018-19 K-State Wabash CannonBall Houston scholarships, valued at $5,000 each. The Wabash CannonBall Houston Committee would like to congratulate these worthy students and is excited to see them thrive at K-State.
2018-19 Scholarship Recipients ($5,000 each)
Jonathan “Zane” Hyden, Tomball, Texas
Klein Oak High School
Seth Porter, Friendswood, Texas
Clear Springs High School
Ashlynn Henao, The Woodlands, Texas
The Woodlands College Park High School
View previous scholarship recipients.